We are Futureproofed from Leuven and we build climate-related software. We’re looking for a back-end developer to help us improve our two SaaS products, FutureproofedCities (primarily) and Carboncap; tools that help cities and companies implement useful climate action. Because we believe accelerating to a fossil-free, sustainable future is the biggest opportunity in a century for both cities and businesses.
You’ll become part of our nimble but well-oiled Product Team with enthusiastic developers and data experts, embedded in a growing company with international clients and colleagues. Your input will be appreciated and your contributions will allow our products to scale faster and grow stronger.
- Take the lead of FutureproofedCities’s back-end and bring it in line with customers’ requirements.
- Support Carboncap’s coding needs.
- Write modular, testable, and efficient code.
- Discover, plan, write, document and maintain new features.
- Scout for potential improvements and be pragmatic about their implementation.
- Analyse and/or prototype solutions or requirements.
- Work in close tandem with the Product Team members and other colleagues to build a great user experience for our customers.
- Substantial knowledge of back-end development (PHP, Node.js, SQL, …).
- You understand common software engineering practices (git, unit testing, code documentation, continuous integration, dependency management, monitoring, version management, ...).
- You have a solid grasp on web technologies and API development (JSON, OAuth, ...).
- Good understanding of database design concepts.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies like Vue.js.
- Fluent in English and Dutch. French is a plus.
- 3-4 years of working experience, or similar maturity.
What we offer
- A full-time, permanent contract.
- A competitive salary package with extra (green) mobility benefits.
- A key position that offers a high degree of professional and personal development.
- Flexibility in working hours and location. Our offices are right next to the train station in Leuven and we allow working from home 2 days a week.
- A challenging job with a high degree of autonomy and space for initiative in a growing company.
- A meaningful work experience where you’re actively contributing in making the world a better place.
- A never-ending supply of coffee and tea, accompanied by fresh fruit and cookies.
Interested in this position?
Please send your application to Ilke at email@example.com. Your application must contain your curriculum vitae, showing your most relevant experiences and qualifications for the job as well as your cover letter (in Dutch or English) explaining why you would be a good match.