Who we are
Sweco shapes sustainable communities and cities of the future. Futureproofed (part of Sweco) provides climate tech with a human touch. Our SaaS products help cities and companies implement useful climate action. Because we believe accelerating to a fossil-free, sustainable future is the biggest opportunity in a century for both cities and businesses.
Since merging with Sweco, Futureproofed is strengthening its Product Team in order to speed up the development of its products and, ultimately, create more impact.
You’ll become part of our nimble but well-oiled Product Team: a group of enthusiastic developers, product and data experts, embedded in an established, knowledgeable company with international clients and colleagues. Climate action is what we aim for with both of our SaaS products. One tailored to cities, to create, manage and follow up on their climate plan. The other to companies, to measure, reduce and report on their carbon footprint. You’ll be working across the two.
Our UX practices are decent but could use a lot of improvement. We work in sprints, adhere to continuous integration and have daily standups. We’re pragmatic and are open for improvements on all fronts.
- You design interfaces, screens, prototypes and components in your software of choice. We like Sketch but not we’re not limited by it.
- You work on a shared design system for all products, to increase consistency and ease of development.
- You collaborate closely with our front-end developers to bring your design to life.
- You decide on the best ways to visualise the abundance of data.
- You regularly talk to customers, get to know them and their challenges, pains and needs. You learn about their mental models and you can see through their often solution-based suggestions for improvement.
- You test designs with relevant clients or stakeholders.
- You turn requirements from the Product Manager or analyses of our developers into workable designs.
Who we’re looking for
- You love to design and you have substantial knowledge of UX design, usability, data visualisation and related best practices. Bonus for graphic design skills.
- You have a broad toolbox of techniques to gather user feedback. You like to talk to users and colleagues. You’re not afraid to go out and test your assumptions.
- You understand common software engineering practices and you’re familiar with the typical software development cycle.
- You have 3-6 years of working experience, or similar maturity.
- You know how to talk to colleagues, management and stakeholders as much as to users.
- You keep it simple & pragmatic. You understand how your work serves the broader company goals.
- Higher, strategic-level thinking skills are greatly appreciated: where to go with the software? How to become the leader in our branche in terms of UX?
- You speak fluent Dutch and English. Douze points extra for French.
- You have a healthy interest and affinity with the climate challenges we face. You’re enthusiastic about working in a meaningful job, for a company with a clear purpose.
What we offer
- A full-time, permanent contract.
- A key position that offers a high degree of professional and personal development.
- A competitive and innovative salary package with extra benefits (our Flex Income Plan allows you to choose what fits your situation best).
- Various extra mobility options like pool bikes, pool cars, public transport, etc.
- A broad array of learning and development options, both in internally in our Sweco Academy as externally.
- A meaningful work experience where you’re actively contributing in making the world a better place.
- Flexibility in working hours and location. Our home base is in Leuven but we have offices around the country.
- A very pleasant working atmosphere among a team of engaged professionals: developers, consultants, experts, architects, spatial planners, designers, engineers, etc.